Friday, May 11, 2012

Swimming



Making our way to the pools, I could hear the rustling sound of plastic bags. Although it wasn’t
as noisy and the chattering children. As we wait for the other kids to catch up I was sooo eager
to start our swimming lessons.
Entering the pools, instantly I smell the scent of chlorine. Staring at the water, I just couldn’t wait
to jump.

 As I put my swimming togs on, they felt still a bit damp from the day before. “Ahh” I sighed as I
hopped in the hot shower. Walking out of the changing rooms, the feeling of coldness hit me like
a struck of lightning.
 “Okay slip yourselves in and grab a flutter board”, our instructor ordered. This was going to be
an awesome lesson, I just knew it. From the water yesterday, today's one felt a bit warmer.
 Pushing off the wall, I felt like a penguin gliding through the water. While kicking my way to the
end of the pool, I nearly caught up to one of my friends. Sadly she beat me. But not by far.
“Alright, that was awesome guys. Now we’re just going to do two more lengths then move on”
our instructor announced. Thinking to myself I just knew this was going to be piece  of  cake. Or
that’s what I thought.
  I suppose it wasn’t as easy as I thought at the start. Finishing my second length I was getting
so tired. Maybe I regret saying this was going to be an awesome lesson.
  Struggling to get out of the pool, a shiver drove up my spine causing me to shake  and shiver.
Making my way to changing rooms, I just couldn’t wait to hop in that hot shower again.
  Another nice, but tiring swim lesson. I hope tomorrow’s swim will be less tiring. Back to old plain school now.

Vocab list for swimming

1 comment:

Miss Garden said...

You tried to use the specific vocabulary we discussed to say exactly what you mean. Great paragraphing of ideas too.
Well done.