Thursday, May 3, 2012

Critique of Van Gogh's Sunflowers


This extremely valuable piece of art was painted by the artist Vincent Van Gogh in the year 1888. The size of his painting is at least 73 x 92 cm, it is called Sunflowers. Van Gogh used oil paint to draw this picture.

On this painting you could see big, fat, bold lines just popping out. Sometimes Gogh wouldn’t have enough money to afford food and paint so would starve for a week or more. 

 If you were ever to feel Vincent’s painting, all you will feel is lumps. This extremely famous artist would've used a lot of paint. That is how he got the brush stokes so thick. 

When I look at this painting it makes me feel joyful when I’m down in the dumps. The only thing I didn’t like is that it is a still painting, I prefer outdoor drawings. When you look closely at his paintings you will see that he picked half old flowers and half new flowers.

Vincent Van Gogh painted Sunflowers for a reason. Vincent bought a little yellow house and his friend Paul Gauguin was going to be his flatmate. Van Gogh painted at least 4 sunflower paintings to decorate his friends yellow room.

Well, this is the end of my writing so I bet you know heaps about Vincent Van Gogh.

No comments: