Friday, September 30, 2011

AFL Coaching

Isn't AFL an Australian game? I was Intrigued when I heard there were Aussie Rules coaches, coming in to teach us how to play. We are kiwi kids!

The first technique we had to master was the drop punt, in Aussie Rule coaching.Then we got up to playing a game and our teachers were our targets.”I am going to get you Miss Garden” but I didn’t manage to hit her with the ball.

As we were mastering the hand pass technique, it was really painful hitting the ball to our partner. We had hit it hard to get to were our partner was standing. 'Ouch' my hand is sore!

The last technique was the high mark.It means if you catch it on a full, no one is allowed to tackle you or touch you.It is good thing if you are next to the goal post, because you can get a point for your team.” It not as easy as it looks” I thought to my self .

I’m looking forward to putting all these skills into practice, when we get to play a real game of AFL next week.



No comments: